[Launchpad-users] how to recover /etc/shadow file from single user mode

Hi,

I have forgotten the root passwod in my system. I have installed ubuntu
9.04. The /etc/shadow file also been corrupted. Now please let me know
how I can recover the file from single user mode?

Thanks,
Saikat Saha
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
saikat (https://launchpad.net/~saikat-80in)