Re: [Launchpad-users] how to recover /etc/shadow file from single user mode

On Monday 03 August 2009 7:47:55 am saikat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have forgotten the root passwod in my system. I have installed ubuntu
> 9.04. The /etc/shadow file also been corrupted. Now please let me know
> how I can recover the file from single user mode?

I believe you'll be asked for the root password on attempting to use single
user mode if one is set.  If you are not asked for it, then you have not set
one.  The default is for there to be no root password.

Also, this has nothing to do with Launchpad.

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo