Re: [Launchpad-users] Blueprints in Launchpad?!

On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 12:56:40PM -0700, Charlie Poole wrote:
> BUT I never imagined blueprints as being a place for
> wishes, ideas without solutions or bugs. Maybe the biggest
> problem is that there is nothing in Launchpad to encouorage
> you to avoid using them that way.

And this I agree with. I think the larger problem that any project
publically using blueprints faces is that, similarly to the bug tracker,
any end-user can come in and post a new feature request, and there's of
course an expectation that the request will at least be read; because of
the UI and [shortcomings of the] email interface this actually requires
polling from the side of the project team, and it just doesn't work.

I know Andrea has put up a patch with some blueprints work, and that
others have inquired and looked at the code. Some bugs that are still
open and that would make the problem above better would include:

    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/blueprint/+bug/223928
    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/blueprint/+bug/3765

I'd love to have somebody to work with on one of these on a rainy
Tuesday <wink> -- there are other interesting bugs in there, including
my current favorites:

    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/blueprint/+bug/39420
    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/blueprint/+bug/68206

Thanks,