Re: [Launchpad-users] Your top three wishes for Launchpad? (4.0 planning)

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 11:45 -0400, Karl Fogel wrote:
> With the 3.0 release coming up soon, we're beginning the 4.0 planning
> process.  To help with prioritization, we'd like to know your top 3
> wishes for Launchpad 4.0.  Please follow up in this thread, and...
>
>   *** *** ***
>   Don't change your response based on other responses in this thread.
>   *** *** ***
>
> That is, if you were going to say "I want a wiki", and you see other
> people saying that already, please *still* say it -- we want to gauge
> relative popularity too.

>From the admin perspective and thus being able to better support
users :-)

1. delete/disable/hide THIS comment in the UI - just one measly little
admin-visible-only button - pls pls pls pls?
2. be able to comment to an answers without the status changing to
either answered or more-information

>From a personal project management perspective:
3. a centralised "what's new"/Announcements for ALL projects. a-la
freshmeat.

There are two major missing features, imho, in running a project on LP:
a. generic website/page information - eg wiki as a solution.
b. a central announcer

Every announcement I've done on freshmeat brings in new folks who've
never heard of the projects or what they do. LP helps hugely with the
day-to-day running of a project, but plays a very minor role in the
marketing - and thus long term growth - of a project.

Rephrased: I grow the project via freshmeat, I run it via launchpad.

Cheers!
- Steve