Re: [Launchpad-users] new way to look at the bugs

Hi, Vikram.

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 9:51 PM, vikram<dhillonv10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi everone,
>           I was looking at some of the bugs and found something
> particularly interesting brought up by Robert Collins. His ideas are
> expreseed in the following bugs:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/420807
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/420799
>
> So basically our conversation resulted in this:
>
> "Of course. When you combine my proposal in bug 420799 with this one I
> think it will work well:
>  - incomplete bugs will be always near the bottom
>  - new bugs with no priority will be at the top for triage"

I commented on one of the bugs, but just to continue on list....

As Martin notes, I'm not sure the default sort should be changed to
favor the triager.  If I'm just browsing for bugs in a another project
would I want this new sort order?  Maybe so, but I'm not sure.  Maybe
comments here will help us gauge interest in this.

I wonder, though, if just having a bug list easily re-sortable like a
milestone list is the best way to handle these concerns?  There are
several open bugs about sorting in addition to these two.

I should note that I'm more hesitant about changing the default sort
order of importance than the secondary sort on status.  I think the
secondary sort being status rather than bug number is reasonable.  The
questions for me are really around determining in what order
importance should be sorted by default and finding a way to help
people more easily re-sort bug lists.

Cheers,
deryck

--