Re: [Launchpad-users] Your top three wishes for Launchpad? (4.0 planning)

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 10:04:04AM +0800, John McCabe-Dansted wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Karl Fogel<karl.fogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > With the 3.0 release coming up soon, we're beginning the 4.0 planning
> > process.  To help with prioritization, we'd like to know your top 3
> > wishes for Launchpad 4.0.  Please follow up in this thread, and...
>
> 1) Make it easy to tell if a bug with the exact same summary has been
> proposed. If apport creates with summary "Title signal 5 in foo_bar",
> tell me whether a bug with the exact same summary has been reported. I
> am guessing that if the summaries differ then the bug is either
> different or that at least exhibits different symptoms which may
> assist in debugging.

Ironically, Launchpad actually does have a feature like this; when you
+filebug you get pretty good duplicate matching, and the summary is
actually displayed.

Unfortunately, apport doesn't use that (and I'm not sure the dupefinder
functionality is properly exported via the API) and this does lead to
many duplicates. But perhaps the proper first wish here would be that
apport submit its crash reports to a specialized queue, not as incoming
bugs!
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko