Re: [Launchpad-users] Project overview page suggestions

2009/10/9 Jamu Kakar <jkakar@xxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 4:48 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I wonder too what is a good forum for this kind of feedback.  List
>> mail is ok, but kind of dissatisfying if we as developers just say "I
>> agree, I hope we'll do that sometime."  Bugs seem too fine-grained.
>> Maybe we should have something like brainstorm so at least the ideas
>> are tracked.
>
> I wondered about that before posting.  My first thought was just to
> file bugs, but both of those ideas are pretty fuzzy and I can think
> of many things we could do to improve the situation.  Given that, I
> figured a more informal forum would be a good place to start
> discussion about the ideas (and also to gauge whether or not anyone
> beyond me thinks the ideas are worth pursuing).
>
> It'd be awesome if Launchpad offered a per-project (or
> project-group) brainstorm feature, as I think this kind of situation
> arises for many projects.

I was actually just looking at the tour and the way Launchpad
describes Blueprints makes them sound a lot like that:

>> Track ideas and chunks of work as “blueprints”: lightweight specifications that help everyone know who’s involved and how they’re doing. Anyone can create a blueprint, while you retain control over which of them are officially targeted for inclusion in your project’s future releases.

However, they are not really lightweight or a very good forum for
suggesting features at the moment.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>