Re: [Launchpad-users] Your thought wanted on Launchpad code imports

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:17 PM, Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

* Have you ever used imported branches? Do you use this frequently?

Yes and yes.

* If you've used it in the past but no longer use it, why?
* When you use imports, what are you trying to accomplish?

Ability to interact with non-bzr branch easily with bzr.

* Do you find the service reliable?  What problems do you encounter,
and how often?

Surprisingly reliable and timely with the odd hiccup.

* Did you ever ask for a new branch to be imported, and if so how did
that work out?

I'm not sure how this is different from the first question.

* If you encountered problems, did you ask for help or look at the
documentation?  Where did you look, and did it solve your problem?

I requested help on the #launchpad irc channel.

* Would improving imports help your use of Launchpad a lot, a bit, or
not at all?  What areas or aspects would be most important to improve?

Sure. Things seem to work well and I'm not sure I have any particular ideas for improvements. I think imports is one of the best features of launchpad.

Maybe one idea would be to allow for git users to interact with bzr branches transparently. I assume this is potentially a possibility since it seems you can easily convert one to the other.

* Any other comments?

W00T!

Cheers,

--