Re: [Launchpad-users] Is translation of Launchpad itself planned?

Hallöchen!

Adi Roiban writes:

> În data de Du, 06-12-2009 la 02:22 +0100, Torsten Bronger a scris:
>
>> In order to lower the barrier to translate projects, it would be
>> helpful if Rosetta itself uses the user's preferred language.
>> So, is enabling of translations of Launchpad itself on the todo
>> list?  Is there a related bug report that one could subscribe to?
>
> Why do you mean by planned ? Like Canonical to pay for
> implementing that feature in Launchpad?

I mean, do the maintainers of Launchpad's code plan to make its
strings translatable through Launchpad Translations?

> There are some bug requests and they were accepted.

Could you point me to them?  I searched for them but failed to find
anything.  I'd like to subscribe for staying informed.

> Everyone is invited to contribute.

Yes, I wanted to contribute my German language competence!  :-)

> [...]
>
> Rather than having Rosetta translated (which is not trivial) I
> encourage writing a help document / tutorial on using Rosetta in
> the required languages.

Yes, I plan to write a short document for my collegues.  Many of
them are not very good in English but very competent in the field
that is covered by the program to be translated.

Tschö,
Torsten.

                   Jabber ID: torsten.bronger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com