Re: [Launchpad-users] builds being delayed indefinitely

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 22:23:33 Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Sabin Iacob <iacobs@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  Hello
> >
> > Does anyone get this? I had a build that was supposed to start in 10
> > minutes stay at 10 minutes for about 20 minutes, then jumped to 20, back
> > to 10, then 1 hour...
>
> When we're running in backlog, the current soyuz 'what to build next'
> algorithm isn't very fair : we will make it better in future, but
> right now the soyuz team are hard at work getting more builds out of
> the same builders, so that we don't have a backlog as often, and so
> that when we do it clears more quickly.

While that's true, his build and all the others were unfortunately the victims
of a rather nasty bug in the build manager that halts dispatching when a new
builder is added.  We didn't notice the problem for a few hours, so the
backlog quickly built up :(