Re: [Launchpad-users] FW: armel-cross-toolchain-base_1.50-1backport1_amd64.changes rejected

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Peter Pearse <Peter.Pearse@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please explain in terms a PPA newby can unserstand.....
>
> Should I have uploaded the original package (1.50) and let it build before uploading the changed one?

No, but you will need to upload the .orig.tar.gz source code if it
isn't already in your PPA or the Ubuntu archive (explained below)

>> Files:
>> 113fa48e95b1919a7d315069291dcdeb 4738402 devel extra
>> binutils-arm-linux-gnueabi_2.20.51.20100908-0ubuntu2cross1.50_
>> amd64.deb

It appears that you only uploaded a binary packages (*amd64.deb) to
launchapd. Launchpad's PPA must build all packages you upload (for
security reasons, I believe), so you have to upload the .orig.tar.gz
and .debian.gz files. The easiest way to do this is to pass the -S and
-sa command line options to dpkg-buildpackage (or debbuild) when you
build your package

$ dpkg-buildpackage -S -sa

Then upload the resulting *_source.changes file up to launchpad.

The .orig.tar.gz is the same for all armel-cross-toolchain-base
version 1.50, so it should only have to be uploaded once. If it is not
already in your PPA nor in the Ubuntu archive, you will have to upload
it (that is what the -sa option does).

https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/BuildingASourcePackage

~Scott