[Launchpad-users] Are team polls worth keeping?

I believe team polls have failed and are dying.

Team Polls
Year    Number
---------------
 2006 |    18
 2007 |   109
 2008 |   161
 2009 |   116
 2010 |    70

I believe these numbers are exaggerating the number of polls actually
used. There was many bug reports about poll types. Polls were created
but never used. We fixed some of the issues in 2008, and in 2009 we made
them more prominent in the UI. I believe the decline in the number
relates the to fact that teams know that the Lp only support simple
polls and that is not what they want.

We have choices:
     1. Remove the feature because we believe it is not valuable, or
        will never be a convenient or as good are other poll services
        like Survey Monkey. (about 1 week of work)
     2. Fix the UI for registering a poll and voting because we believe
        simple polls are valuable to teams (a few weeks of work)
     3. Fix the UI for registering a poll and voting and add support for
        secrecy and condorcet voting because we believe that this is a
        compelling feature (a month or more of work)

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/