Re: [Launchpad-users] launchpad dev in maverick

On 15/11/10 04:09, Vikram Dhillon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please forgive me if I am mistaken, but launchpad for me currently
> doesn't work in 10.10. Is it only me who's experiencing this problem?
> or it this general? Here's the error message I get:
>
> ----------------- cut ------------------------
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Package `launchpad-developer-dependencies' is not installed and no
> info is available.
> Use dpkg --info (= dpkg-deb --info) to examine archive files,
> and dpkg --contents (= dpkg-deb --contents) to list their contents.
> Installing launchpad-developer-dependencies package...
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  launchpad-developer-dependencies : Depends: launchpad-dependencies (=
> 0.83) but it is not going to be installed
>                                     Depends:
> launchpad-soyuz-dependencies (= 0.83) but it is not going to be
> installed
> E: Broken packages
> Unable to install launchpad-developer-dependencies.
>
> ----------------------- cut ---------------------------------
>
> And also please CC me the messages because I am not subscribed to the
> list. Thanks a lot.

It is advisable to use the launchpad-dev list not launchpad-users for
development questions.

The problem may well be related to launchpad-dependencies currently
depending on a version of python-psycopg2 less than that available in
Maverick. (Because Launchpad is currently incompatible with 2.2)

I suggest manually installing the .deb of python-psycopg2 from lucid,
and trying again.

Max.