Re: [Launchpad-users] version upload issue

On 12 February 2011 09:30, Daniel Hollocher <danielhollocher@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Folks,
> I mistakenly uploaded a wrongly versioned package.  I promptly deleted the
> upload, and attempted to upload a new version, but it is being rejected
> because the version is too low.  That was 6 days ago.
> When I deleted the package, I of course got a message that the deletion
> would take some time.  Is that the issue here?  If so, anyone know about how
> long I should expect to wait?  I'm fine with waiting, I'm just anxious that
> I messed up my ppa.

It's not messed up, but as others have said you can't reuse that version.

If you just got it slightly wrong, increment the number and try again.
 For example if you accidentally uploaded 2.2 as 2.3-1ubuntu1, and you
now want to upload the real 2.3, just say 2.3-1ubuntu-2.  If you used
a number very far in the future and the real series will never pass
that, you need to use an epoch as Umang suggested.

If you need help say more about your particular case.