Re: [Launchpad-users] version upload issue

Thanks for the tips folks.  I'm not sure how much changing the version is an option for me.

It's not messed up, but as others have said you can't reuse that version.

If you just got it slightly wrong, increment the number and try again.
 For example if you accidentally uploaded 2.2 as 2.3-1ubuntu1, and you
now want to upload the real 2.3, just say 2.3-1ubuntu-2.  If you used
a number very far in the future and the real series will never pass
that, you need to use an epoch as Umang suggested.

If you need help say more about your particular case.

I'm trying to maintain a patch against the kernel, and I'm trying to script most of the re-packaging.  I made some mistakes and I ended up uploading a maverick versioned meta-linux to the lucid series.  So 2.6.35 instead of 2.6.32, ie, for the life of lucid.  I believe I have the issue fixed, so it shouldn't be a problem in the future.  But it is still good to know that I have to be careful.

I'm using a testing ppa, soo, I think worse comes to worse, I think I can just create a new testing ppa.  And regarding changing the epoch, I suspect that just making a new ppa makes more sense and is less risky.

Let me know if there is anything wrong with my approach.

Thanks,
Dan