Re: [Launchpad-users] How to make a team leave a team?

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 10:24 +0530, Jo StÃrset wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to get a team I'm on and (indirectly) own
> leave another team. I can do things like change details and deactivate
> members from the team, but I can't seem to find a way to deactivate
> the team's membership in another team?

This is bug [Team admin should be able cancel the team membership in
another team]
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad/+bug/110108>

> It seems it might be possible with the ws api, but there OAuth
> requirements puts an effective block on what I can easily do with
> curl, so gave that up.

I started working on this. You can use Launchpad API to remove a team
you admin from another team. This Python script will do it. Update the
calls to get your team and the other team:

#!/usr/bin/python
from launchpadlib.launchpad import Launchpad
if __name__ == '__main__':
    lp = Launchpad.login_with(
        'retract-membership', service_root='https://api.launchpad.net',
        version='devel')
    my_team = lp.people['my-team-launchpad-id']
    other = lp.people['other-team-launchpad-id']
    my_team.retractTeamMembership(team=other)

> My real goal is really just to avoid getting Q/A mails from this
> group, so if there is a way to turn off just that, it would solve my
> problem.

Launchpad will release new bug subscriptions features soon. The team
could refine the subscriptions to match specific events or information
so that only the needed emails are sent.

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/