Re: [Launchpad-users] Fwd: Re: launchpad.net/~arand/+archive/redeclipse

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 10:47 +1300, Robert Collins wrote:
> >> The terms say this:
> >>
> >>   "any content you upload to PPAs must be freely redistributable by
> Canonical,
> >>    and released under a license permitting redistribution free of
> charge."

> >> Yes, I believe that fits the requirements of the PPA terms of use.
> >> It'd be good to post a statement from the developer, or something
> >> similar, in the PPA description. I think you did something similar
> >> before.
> >
> > I think this is a mistake. I think not think the package meets the
> > criteria defined in
> http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines or
> > http://opensource.org/docs/osd
> >
> > I must be able to get the source and be permitted to modify it.
>
> Not according to the PPA Terms of Use : perhaps they are wrong and
> should be altered. But as they *stand*, no, thats not a requirement.

I think there are some unstated issues at play here. The package in
question contain NC items. I think this violates items 6 "Must not
discriminate against persons, groups or against fields of endeavour"

Can I upload this package to a project are a release file, or place it
as an attachment to a bug?

--
__Curtis C. Hovey_________
http://launchpad.net/