Re: [Launchpad-users] Fwd: Re: launchpad.net/~arand/+archive/redeclipse

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Curtis Hovey
<curtis.hovey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Canonical,
>> charge."

>> > I think this is a mistake. I think not think the package meets the
>> > criteria defined in
>> http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines or
>> > http://opensource.org/docs/osd
>> >
>> > I must be able to get the source and be permitted to modify it.
>>
>> Not according to the PPA Terms of Use : perhaps they are wrong and
>> should be altered. But as they *stand*, no, thats not a requirement.
>
> I think there are some unstated issues at play here. The package in
> question contain NC items. I think this violates items 6 "Must not
> discriminate against persons, groups or against fields of endeavour"
>
> Can I upload this package to a project are a release file, or place it
> as an attachment to a bug?

We just had a long discussion the #launchpad channel about this. I
think we have a disconnect between policies, and the PPA terms of use
are more liberal than other policies suggest they should be (e.g. they
don't require meeting the DFSG  at all)

I've initiated an internal discussion about this, and hope we'll come
back to this thread in a few days.

Cheers,
Rob