Re: [Launchpad-dev] [Beta Testing] Asynchronous comment loading

On 5 October 2011 01:14, Robert Collins <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Michael Hudson-Doyle
> <michael.hudson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> 1. The comments that are shown via AJAX contain a "Hide comment" button
>>> that seems to have no visible effect.

Filed as bug 869063. I can't reproduce this locally - I wondered
briefly whether the stuff that prevents "Hide comment" from being
visible to non ~launchpad members had become broken, but it doesn't
seem so.

>> I expect this is wonky use of memcache -- it's turned off via a feature
>> flag for the bugtask:+index pages, but I guess not for whichever view
>> the ajax is hitting?
>

> Probably. Perhaps time to default it off globally and turn it on for
> the one page we know benefits - the front page.

I'm happy to get this done, but if no-one has any objections I'll get
it turned off just for BugTask:+batched-comments first and ask Andrea
to try to reproduce the bug.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: EC66FA7D
http://launchpad.net/~gmb