Re: Request from Leo's owner to fix the leo-editor trunk (or trunk2) branch

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 11:53:36 +1100
Martin Pool <mbp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 25 December 2011 04:03, Terry Brown <terry_n_brown@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > It seems that another branch created from the damaged one does not
> > include the damage, specifically I created
> > lp:~terry-n-brown/+junk/leo_test from the original damaged branch but
> > leo_test can be branched over http on low mem. machines.
> >
> > So it seems that if there were some way to completely purge all bzr
> > data from the leo-editor LP account and push fresh from a branch
> > elsewhere the damage might be removed without the need to reconstruct
> > the good commits or even change the commit IDs and break existing
> > branches.
> >
> > Does this sound reasonable?  If so, is there a LP function to do that
> > purging, or would bzr push overwrite of an empty repo achieve the
> > desired effect?
>
> Hi Terry,
>
> If I understand correctly, it should be enough for you to just
>
> - rename your existing 'trunk' branch to 'old_trunk', through the lp ui
> - rename your new fixed branch to 'trunk'
> - go to the main series for leo-editor and associate that with the branch
>
> Looking at <https://launchpad.net/leo-editor/trunk2> it seems you
> might have already done this?  I hope that solved it.

Timing - I actually worked through this just a few hours ago.  But it
seemed that stacking defeated attempts to simply re-push (--ovrewrite)
another branch, at least one with unchanged rev. IDs.  So I ended up
doing

bzr reconfigure --unstacked bzr+ssh://bazaar.launchpad.net/~leo-editor-team/leo-editor/trunk3

which now seems to be working fine, i.e. branch over HTTP on 1 Gb XP
machine succeeds.  lp:leo-editor etc. is now pointing at that branch.

Thanks for the pointers.

Cheers -Terry