Re: Build fails on Launchpad but works locally

On 13 November 2014 22:01, William Grant <william.grant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It looks like you're building on a host Ubuntu desktop system with
> thousands of packages installed, while Launchpad builds packages in a
> clean chroot environment containing just the package's necessary build
> dependencies. Try building the package with pbuilder locally
> (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PbuilderHowto), and hopefully the clean
> environment will be able to reproduce the failure.
>
> I also notice that you're invoking debian/rules manually, which isn't
> usually done. Have you read http://packaging.ubuntu.com/html/? You
> should be using dpkg-buildpackage or debuild instead.
>
> William.

William,

 Yes, I'm building it at my Desktop and I also have `pbuilder-dist`
ready in a `KVM Guest`, I'll try to compile on it too.

 I also tried "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us" alongside with
"make -f debian/rules build", both works locally.

 I'll try to build it again, but now on my Utopic pbuilder env, plus
my PPA within it, to see if I got the same results from Launchpad.

Thanks!
Thiago