Re: Markdown support on Launchpad (lp:391780)

Hi Walter,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Walter Lapchynski <wxl@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I sure would love to see Markdown, too. I note that CommonMark
> (http://commonmark.org/) includes implementations built in C and
> JavaScript. Considering the canonical (pun intended!) Markdown is in
> Perl, perhaps this would speed things up.

I think Launchpad is using the Markdown Python implementation [1].

I believe the issue is more to generate an HTML version of the text field
once it's saved and use it for display afterwards, rather than requesting
the Markdown version and translating it into HTML everytime a text field is
loaded from the server… Yep, I just described caching! :)

> If someone's willing to
> carry the torch on this, I'd be happy to help with testing and what
> not.

Same here, I would be glad to help testing this.

[1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Markdown

--
Pierre Equoy
QA Engineer | Canonical