libravatar-fans team mailing list archive

Re: Discussion: API keys - follow up from IRC

Hi!

Thanks for the fruitful discussions on this mail thread and today in IRC.
Highly appreciated.
For the moment, I'll leave the idea with API keys alone.
For those who have privacy concerns, we can redirect them to the following
example script now:

    https://git.linux-kernel.at/oliver/ivatar/blob/devel/libravatarproxy.py

One can deploy this or something similar to their own servers, so the users
do not directly hit libravatar and therefore hide the users from us. Since
they proxy it in the background, one can also change the script to take as
input some user id, that queries some database and so on and so forth...
That would ultimately lead to also the possibility to hide the hash.

PRs to enhance this, are welcome.

Oliver