lightspark-users team mailing list archive

Re: Kickstarter funding

On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 2:59 AM, Ramana Kumar <ramana.kumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 7:42 AM, Jasper St. Pierre <jstpierre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> > The first is to make a Lightspark project on Kickstarter, in their
>> > "Technology" section.
>>
>> No. That is not what Kickstarter is for.
>

> I disagree. Have you looked at their project guidelines and requirements?
> Why do you think Lightspark doesn't fit?

Lightspark doesn't have a clear end goal besides "100% compatibility
with Adobe", which isn't clear, and very open-ended.

How much do we want to ask for? $6,000? What are we going to do with
the funds? That pays a full-time programmer for one week.

What is our promotional material? Are we going to give a fancy motion
graphics video that shows off what Lightspark can do, and what it's
designed to do?

I do not want Lightspark to become the next OnYun. [0]

[0] http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1255175135/onyun-search-engine

--
  Jasper