linaro-release team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu LEB 12.04 RC Builds

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) <tixy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-04-25 at 11:26 -0300, Ricardo Salveti wrote:
>> Do you know if it would be useful for your team to have the
>> lt-vexpress hwpack during the dev cycle? This hwpack can be used to
>> validate the work done at the lt tree before having the
>> topics/branches at linux-linaro.
>
> It could be useful. What are the contents of the lt-vexpress kernel, is
> it the same ARM LT topic branches that are in linux-linaro and nothing
> else?
>
> Also, how is the kernel config determined? Is it hardcoded in some
> packaging scripts, pulled from config fragments (which tree?), or
> something else?

Check https://ci.linaro.org/jenkins/view/Ubuntu%20Packaged%20Kernels/job/create-packaged-linux-linaro-lt-vexpress-3.4/.

We're tracking integration-linux-vexpress as base, and using the
config available at
http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/jcrigby/linux-lt-ci-pack-info.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lt-vexpress-3.4-package-info.

I believe for it to be more useful it would be nice to produce the
config from the fragments available at the tree. Otherwise you'd need
to update this branch every time you'd need to change the config for
the package.

Guess something we can work on during next cycle (as we already have a
bunch of things we want to fix related with the kernel ci pkg builds).

Thanks,
--
Ricardo Salveti de Araujo