lp-l10n-fr-community team mailing list archive

Re: [Launchpad-translators] 11 new strings in BleachBit 0.8.7

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:01 PM, Lucian Adrian Grijincu
<lucian.grijincu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM, Nicolas Delvaux
> <nicolas.delvaux@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hmm, indeed.
>> I don't know why, I just thought a "non-factory search engine" was a kind of
>> expression or a brand new web technology. ^^
>> Now it seems obvious that it's "factory" as in "factory settings" and so my
>> question seems a bit dumb now...
>

> No, it's not obvious.
>
> "non-factory search engines" -> custom search engines, user-defined
> search engines?
> "factory search engines" -> default search engines?

At first I thought "default," but Google Chrome uses the term "default
search engine" to mean the search engine (whether factory or
non-factory) that will be used, by default, in the omnibox (search
box).

The confusion with "user-defined" is that users may not even know
Google Chrome is adding (defining) search engines automatically.

For now I will add a translation hint.

Andrew