lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

[Thoughts] Join Forces / Help others and get help from them!

Hi,

A month ago, I have sent more than 10 emails to more than 10 different
communities.
Some have replied, some have't yet. I joined some and started already and
still talking from time to time with other communities (chat and see what
is/are the possible way(s) to help?).

Among these communities, I will name two which somehow has a common
interest with Lubuntu/LXDE:

Linux Mint
WattOS

Linux Mint was late to get back to me. Clement told me that they need
bloggers. As for Watt OS, I was invited for a meeting with the members of
the team but only two showed up and I was away and couldn't make it that
day.

I was thinking loudly with those two communities and shared these ideas:

1- For Linux Mint: I asked Clement why he dropped the LXDE Spin and whether
he is interested to have it back?

2- For Watt OS, I asked them about the possibility to merge with other
teams (join forces) because that community lacks manpower and activities.

Just sent to Mint about my thought and 11 days ago, I sent to Watt OS
people so no reply yet from both.

I was thinking, before going too far with these two ideas ... what you guys
think???

IMHO, regardless of actual/physical merge and/or join forces, it is good to
help and get help from other communities. After all, we all are using Linux
and our one and only forever aim is to spread Linux all over the world. For
that, I/we could take each and every possible path and knock each and every
possible door to achieve that. I don't know about you but this is how I see
it or think about it.

Share your thoughts with me about that, I'm interested to know what do you
think :)

Thanks!

--
*Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
*Best Regards,

Follow ups