lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: Lubuntu 14.04 Manual

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>

>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-manual
>>
>> Can we please move forward regarding the manual? can we decide whether
>> Lubuntu 14.04 will have a manual or not?
>>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationTeam/Manual
>

>> You can update the blueprint and/or carry on to discuss that here.
>>
>> Thank you!
>>

> Are we going to have Lubuntu Manual for 14.04 or not?

Yes

> How long does it take to decide that?

I think one week... starting now

> Are the people who signed up for this are still interested or not?

I put my name and Pierre on the blueprint board... I will put other if they
want to work.

> Do we need to find more people?

Indeed, maybe will need some artwork, edit sections and reviews... about
translations I might speak to david planella to get some help of the
translation team.

> Is there anyone else who would like to join?

Maybe we should public a call for helping in our blogs or something in the
social networks, what do you say guys?

> Do we have to ask on our Social Media whether someone might be interested
> to join?

+1 ↑↑↑↑

> Do we have to seek Ubuntu Manual Team help or advice?

Agree, we have to take their work as reference, maybe we might no make a
manual as large as ubuntu-manual but we have to start

reference:
http://files.ubuntu-manual.org/manuals/getting-started-with-ubuntu/13.10/en_US/screen/Getting%20Started%20with%20Ubuntu%2013.10.pdf

> Thank you!

:)

> P.S.
> I have included all the Sub-Teams because this, IMHO, must be a
> community/team work and I am sure the manual will need information from all
> the sub-teams :)

I think we should create a project on LP about the lubuntu-manual, this
will help us to work together and make the work easy - imho