lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: Lubuntu 14.04 Manual

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 11:13 PM, Sergio Meneses <
sergioandresmeneses@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 2:08 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-manual
>>>
>>> Can we please move forward regarding the manual? can we decide whether
>>> Lubuntu 14.04 will have a manual or not?
>>>

>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationTeam/Manual
>>

>>> You can update the blueprint and/or carry on to discuss that here.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>

>> Are we going to have Lubuntu Manual for 14.04 or not?
>>

> Yes

Good to know :)

>> How long does it take to decide that?
>>

> I think one week... starting now

Nice :)

>> Are the people who signed up for this are still interested or not?
>>

> I put my name and Pierre on the blueprint board... I will put other if
> they want to work.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationTeam/Manual << this page
should be updated too :)

By the way, I have added a new section for anyone who might be interested
to join ;)

>> Do we need to find more people?
>>

> Indeed, maybe will need some artwork, edit sections and reviews... about
> translations I might speak to david planella to get some help of the
> translation team.

Are you/we planning to have more than one language?

>> Is there anyone else who would like to join?
>>

> Maybe we should public a call for helping in our blogs or something in the
> social networks, what do you say guys?
>

>> Do we have to ask on our Social Media whether someone might be interested
>> to join?
>>

> +1 ↑↑↑↑

DONE ;)

https://www.facebook.com/Lubuntu.Official.Page/posts/614171658617913

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lubuntu.official/permalink/606075542782603/

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/106362800741775815583/106362800741775815583/posts/c3sYYrABA54

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/106362800741775815583/106362800741775815583/posts/KpmbzrhqkFP

>> Do we have to seek Ubuntu Manual Team help or advice?
>>

> Agree, we have to take their work as reference, maybe we might no make a
> manual as large as ubuntu-manual but we have to start
>
> reference:
> http://files.ubuntu-manual.org/manuals/getting-started-with-ubuntu/13.10/en_US/screen/Getting%20Started%20with%20Ubuntu%2013.10.pdf

KISS (Keep It Simple and Short) so that we reflect the Lubuntu Philosophy
;)

>> Thank you!
>>

> :)
>

>> P.S.
>> I have included all the Sub-Teams because this, IMHO, must be a
>> community/team work and I am sure the manual will need information from all
>> the sub-teams :)
>>

> I think we should create a project on LP about the lubuntu-manual, this
> will help us to work together and make the work easy - imho

DONE ;)

https://launchpad.net/lubuntu-manual

P.S.
No need to thank me, I adore Lubuntu :)