lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: Brainstorming Team

2013/11/23 Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Julien, Rafael, Sergio and everyone,
>
> @Julien
> I know that you have removed yourself from the brainstorming team and
> while I fail to understand why, talking about it does not really matter
> anymore. We need to move forward.

I quit the team to remove all the mail I got from it. Last time I tried to
filter the mails from launchpad blueprints, that was a mess ... And just
for the record, I created it just because phillw asked me to do the
paperwork and the launchpad configuration, I never was a huge fan of this
idea (see below).

> Having that said, kindly have a look at:
>

> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/brainstorming-team-lead
>
> It has all the details and the emails I sent.
>
> I'm CC'ing the Brainstorming Team.
>
> The current drivers of Lubuntu need to decide the future of Lubuntu
> Brainstorming Team. With the current situation of Lubuntu, I can no longer
> carry on and I have many reasons I prefer not to discuss right now because
> this could make things even worse.

I'll be the bad guy here, but I don't think this project help us (read, the
devs). Most of the ideas are ideas we already have. We just don't have the
time to implement them properly. And send us reminders, mails, blueprints
and stuff, doesn't help. Previouly, we did this stuff on a single blueprint
by team, with discussion inside. That's worked, more or less. This time I
didn't do it for the devs team because 14.04 is a fix-bug-release only.
Experimentations, new stuff should have be done on 13.10, not 14.04.

Currently, we need people to implement them, but we don't have currently
the infrastructure to train people to help us. So, also, any request for
help for the devs team is useless unless the person is able to deal with
problems himself (I think I already said that during an IRC meeting, but I
also may have imagine it).

> I know since 15-May-2012 you have stepped down as the leader of Lubuntu
> but I am not sending you this because you are the leader, I am sending you
> this because you, Rafael and Sergio are the current Team Leaders (Dev,
> Artwork and Wiki) :) ... and ... in case you don't know, Lubuntu
> Communications has no Team Leader/Driver but Ibere and David are taking
> good care of the Social Media. Support Team is no longer exist:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/lubuntu-sub-teams

Please read again my answer about the teams. There are not supposed to be
organizations + chief. They are supposed to be a group of people willing to
help on a area. A team doesn't need a leader, and worse, doesn't need a
self-appointed leader. A leader emerges naturally from a group, not the
opposite.

> I have sent so many reminders and emails but no one seems interested to
> step in. Just in case I need to re-remind you that, I do have many other
> roles that I need to focus on.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement
>
> So, please Julien, Rafael and Sergio, I appreciate if we could sit and
> talk about the future of this area - Lubuntu Brainstorming Team.
>
> I refuse to remain the owner of the launchpad team and sit there doing
> nothing. As long as I am the driver, I must do something and as I made it
> extra clear, I have disengaged myself from Lubuntu Activities:
>
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lubuntu-users/2013-November/006233.html
>
> So, you see, I am not in a good position here. It is either I remain the
> driver of that area and carry on with my usual activities or step down. I
> have decided to step down.

Well, if this really bother you, just set me as the driver as a temporary
solution, until people who want to work on this area organize themselves.
I'll find a way to filter the mail if it's needed.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne