lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

Re: Lubuntu's ideas

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Clache <clache@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello

Hello and sorry for the late reply, I had no internet for 8 days!

> I'm a lubuntu user since 2 years and a french irc operator.

Bonjour and welcome :)
Thanks for your email, I appreciate that and it is nice to know you!

> I was reading the idea https://wiki.ubuntu.com/
> Lubuntu/Brainstorming/Ideas#Power_Build . I don't known if you are the
> author of this, but i explain you what i have to do for my trackpoint on my
> IBM Thinkpad T30. It move to slowly.
> In the command line, i do "xinput" for having the list of my material
> input.
> xinput list-props "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" gimme me the properties i can
> set and the actual values(the "" are in the command).
> I set the value with: xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" "Device
> Accel Velocity Scaling" 500
>
> The default was 10 and now 500. I don't know if it change the acceleration
> or the max speed, but my cursor move rapidly now. Good luck.

If truth to be told, this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Brainstorming/Ideas is kind of out-dated.
Before we create any blueprint, we used to use that page but not anymore.
We do use this now:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming

I have CC'ed Lubuntu Brainstorming Team because I am leaving the project :)
I am no longer engaged in any Lubuntu Activities so I do hope they will
help you with anything you want. However, please, do contact me directly if
you do need anything :)

> These days, i thinking for ideas. The first is to be able to click on
> links in LxTerminal by default.
> The second is to have a progress bar when syncing in the Ubuntu One
> application.

Have a look at: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming

Now, the problem is, Lubuntu's Developer has decided to go for
'bugs-fixing' release for 14.04 and he is not interested to implement any
new idea/feature. However, you still can have a look at these blueprints :)

> However, i just looking for the StartUbuntu project, it's interesting.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu

StartUbuntu has its own Mailing List and we'd be so glad if you could join
us :)

> Have a nice day.
>
> Clache
> Libre

Have a great day and thanks for your email :)

Best Regards,