Re: Packaging List

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Mario Behling <mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello Dave,
>
> great to see you back with lots of energy!
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:40 AM, dave slaughter
> <slaughter.dave@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I noticed that the wiki has been changed, and it looks great, but where
> did
> > the package list go? I am beginning to start work on the base disk that I
> am
> > going to use for building the development iso,
>
> I am looking forward to this.
>
> > and could use that list for
> > packages to include. If someone could point me in the right direction of
> > where it may be, it would help greatly.
>
> David did already.. https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications (I
> made it clearer at the Lubuntu wiki start page now, I hope.)
>
> Dave. it would be good if we could have a brainstorming together as
> well how we can involve more people in the actual ISO making process.
> Maybe you have some links to "How Tos" which document your steps.

I actually just started tinkering about with things a while back, but I will
look for some tuts, or maybe write some up myself.

> Could you add your name to the Subteams page here
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams ?

I will take care of that, either today, or tonight.

> And would it be possible to document your steps for newcomers (very
> briefly) here
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/CodingAndPackagingSubTeam
> ?

I will document what I do and how I do it so that new users can follow
along, and use the same steps, to maybe make a pre-testing version for
themselves if they like.