Re: [Blueprint mobile-karmic-lxde-ubuntu-desktop] Build a very lightweight desktop for ubuntu based on lxde

2009/8/13 Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On Friday 14,August,2009 01:50 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
>> 2009/8/13 David Sugar <david.sugar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Blueprint changed by David Sugar:
>>>
>>> Whiteboard changed to:
>>>
>>> Work items:
>>> Application selection with community input: DONE
>>
>> Where "community input" means "ignore any comments and do not engage
>> in any discussion with the community."
>>
>>>  Build a very lightweight desktop for ubuntu based on lxde
>>>  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-karmic-lxde-ubuntu-desktop
>>
>> Where "very lightweight" means "no lighter than Xubuntu and still
>> requiring a PC recent enough to run Windows XP".
>>
>> Interesting insight into community development, this. Apparently,
>> /community-driven/ means "we will do whatever we felt like doing in
>> the first place and ignore comments, complaints, suggestions or any
>> other input from the mailing lists".
>>
>> So, really, not massively different from, say, Microsoft or anything, then.
>>
>> What a disappointment.
>>
> Thank you for trolling. Surely, when you were writing this e-mail, it
> didn't cross your mind to include references to exactly what you're
> talking about? Please also keep in mind that the community does not
> revolve around you, nor does it consist solely of you.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
> Chow Loong Jin

No troll was intended and I am slightly offended by that label.

public, within the last 2 months.

I participated in threads on the 2nd, 7th, 20th and 24th July, in
particular. I.e., just last month.

Specific examples:
 - Jon York posted "Lubuntu project Qs" on 7th.
 - I posted "Lubuntu project questions - again" on the 24th.

If you do not have access to any list archives, would you like me to
forward my archived copies on to you?

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • ICQ: 73187508