Re: [Blueprint mobile-karmic-lxde-ubuntu-desktop] Build a very lightweight desktop for ubuntu based on lxde

On Friday 14,August,2009 02:32 AM, Liam Proven wrote:
> No troll was intended and I am slightly offended by that label.
But of course, I'm not labelling you as a troll, but just that
particular post as a troll post. It has no real content in it other than
pointless insults with no clarification (except in this post).

> All the discussions to which I refer were on this mailing list, in
> public, within the last 2 months.
>
> I participated in threads on the 2nd, 7th, 20th and 24th July, in
> particular. I.e., just last month.
>
> Specific examples:
>  - Jon York posted "Lubuntu project Qs" on 7th.
>  - I posted "Lubuntu project questions - again" on the 24th.
>
> If you do not have access to any list archives, would you like me to
> forward my archived copies on to you?
I haven't been really following up with the discussions, but poking
around my archives has revealed to me which posts you mean. However, I
haven't been able to find many suggestions, only complaints that Lubuntu
is slow/bloated.

I think you would benefit from reading this post[1] by Jo Shields.
Granted, it's aimed at the rather unproductive Mono war that's going on
everywhere online, but it has some pretty relevant points for you as
well, especially #4 and #6.

[1] http://www2.apebox.org/wordpress/rants/163/
--
Kind regards,