issues everyone is having with apps lists

Ok, I realize that I have not been participating as  much as I should be, as
I am one the eoriginal members of the Lubuntu Team, but there is a reason
for this, and the recent posts have pointed it out, compelling me to post
this.
I was really happy and excited when more and more people started showing up,
and joining the team to get this project really moving. But as time went on,
more and more people were saying how this had to be "ultra light" and use
"the least amount of resources", but it seems that the more ideas people
had, the more they seem to have forgotten what the project started as,
"Lubuntu", as in, an Ubuntu derivative, and  the goal was to have this
become an official 'Buntu, which would mean it has to be noob friendly, and
very easy to use, which means having things like GUI configuration tools,
and an easy to use web browser, like Firefox. At one of the meetings someone
said the update manager should not be included, and that users could just
use the console to update, how would this be in line with the rest of the
'Buntu's? The goal of Ubuntu was to be very easy to use for the newest of
users, and bring Linux to the masses, but at every meeting people were
saying things like, "the user can install (insert basic program here) if
they want it", or, "a gui tool to configure the desktop is not necessary  as
you can just edit the config file". How would a new user know how to do
this? We have to remember that we are not building a distro for the
experienced, or even casual Linux user, we are build for the newest of
users, the Ubuntu crowd, who have decided that they have heard so much good
things about how easy it is to use, that they decided that maybe it was time
to give Linux a try.
I think we all need to remember what Ubutnu is, and really think about it,
cause we are not building a distro for "us", we are building it for "them".
And if it not as easy to use as all the rest of the Ubuntu's, Canonical will
never let this be an official 'Buntu.

Follow ups