Re: New programs by default

Le mercredi 09 décembre 2009 à 14:34 +0800, Mario Behling a écrit :
> xfce task manager - I know that lxtask has some bugs, but we defined
> it in the applications list. Please let us know, what is the reason to
> change it?
LXtasks is not packaged for Ubuntu or Debian. It was rejected by Debian
because it's mostly the same code base than xfce4-taskmanager. As I
don't plan to include it in Ubuntu, I prefer to stay with the Xfce one,
so we can at least share maintenance. Also, there is no additional
depends, since we have already Xfce depends with xfburn.

> Osmo - I wonder how compatible we should try to keep it with other
> solutions. Import and export functionality of data seems to be very
> rudimentary? I found ical can be exported. What do you think?
I tested it very quickly, and not very well the import/export problem.
The goal was to covert the need to manage events and calendar. Osmo
seems to be a good candidate. Orage could also be good, but it brings
xfce4-panel depends, and look a bit ugly on a LXDE session last time I
tested. I didn't have another idea for this purpose, so if people have a
better idea ... :)

> How about lxlauncher - where would be a good place to have a button to
> change desktop mode? Do you agree that a switchable desktop mode would
> be a good idea?
Yes, I planned to create another session, so when login, you can choose
between Lubuntu standart or Lubuntu + Lxlauncher.