Lubuntu proposed technical preview (called lx-ultra)

Here a technical preview of a LXDE based Ubuntu (Lubuntu proposed) Desktop based on Karmic Koala.

Software included :
Kernel 2.6.32-7 (lucid)
PCManFM 0.5.2 (bugfixed release)
gnome-mplayer (+ codecs)
aqualung
xfburn (burning app)
claws-mail (mail client)
chromium-browser (build 4.0.226) (webbrowser)
people 0.2 (manage vcards)
orage (manage vcal)
gnome-alsamixer (audiomixer app)
OpenOffice 3.1 (fitts on cd but maybe too memory intensive, especially for 128 MB RAM users)
WICD to manage networks
gigolo (as networkmanager and computer icon on the desktop to launch and mount drives [convenience for windows switcher] )

I changed some config files of openbox to support FN-Keys for some netbooks (so Volume up and down should work). Included is also a custom theme and a LXDE Menu button.

Some new hotkeys:
CTRL+ALT+T will now launch a new Terminal window
CTRL+ALT+D will now launch a new filemanager window (SUPER + D will hide all windows and show the desktop)

Some apps like network-manager , gnome-power-manager, xfce4-volumed that use the new notify-osd system are fine but seem to eat to much memory so I removed them for now and put in some replacements, like wicd and a volume.sh script.
I also added those apps from the app proposel page that seem to do best in my opinion.
See : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications
The CDRigBy from the other features would be nice to include, but the website seems to be down.
More on Lubuntu : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu
How to get involved: http://blog.lxde.org/?p=562

The obligatory screenshots:
xsplash: http://ubuntu-pics.de/bild/33545/2009_12_08_201127_1280x800_scrot_iYt3XS.png
desktop: http://ubuntu-pics.de/bild/33546/2009_12_08_201146_1280x800_scrot_utIQ4J.png

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2351433/lx-ultra-remix.iso
MD5: 29811ba871d3a4088de8f71ac1a7948b lx-ultra-remix.iso

Note: This is only a testing version and is not intent to run on a productive machine. Virtualbox seems to have problems loading the vboxvideo driver thats not avaiable. Simply edit the xorg.conf and try to load it with the vesa driver.

Comments and feedback are appreciated :)

PS: I will put the artwork onto the lucid incoming artwork very soon: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/Incoming/Lucid
aswell as the openbox configuration file/patch for the added hotkeys.

Regards,
Leszek

Follow ups