Re: Testing alpha2 on msi wind U100

Le mercredi 27 janvier 2010 à 11:37 +0700, Josef Beroeat a écrit :
> Hai again....
>
> A reply on your last message....
>
> I installed blueman from synaptic and its working. Pairing,sending
> files from net book to my mobile device sonyerricson k800i is doing
> well and sending back to my netbook it doesnt work because it doesnt
> detect maybe its invisible my netbook I have to find out what it
> is...from the netbook browsing my mobile doesnt work and I got this
> error "failed to launch nautilus [Errno 2] No such file or
> directory"....
The bluetooth manager is hidden for now, it's bug, but you can launch it
with bluetooth-properties. It should have the same functionnality than
on standart Ubuntu installation.

> About the 3G modem Huawei E220.
> There is a gui interface, Its the Network-manager itself in Ubuntu
> Koala karmic...I used in Hardy heron, Ibex interprid but I dont why in
> the koala karmic is not connecting to provider but its still detecting
> the presents of my modem....
>
> About the "Cannot obtaining IP adress" problem...
> It was in the WEP mode...But I can tell you in Ubuntu Koala Karmic
> including Kubuntu Koala Karmic and latest Wattos RC1 that is using
> Network-manager is working fine I didn't met any problem at all.... So
> my suggestion is to go with the Network-manager like in Ubuntu for
> temporary.
>
> I have a question I am not so good in doing with linux, but I like to
> install network-manager in my lubuntu so I can go further with trying
> something out.. I realize if I throw out wicd I wont get
> network-manager installed... Can you tell me how to install
> network-manager on my lubuntu toy....
You need first to remove all wicd packages, and install
network-manager-gnome. You should after start nm-applet. Make sure that
network-manager is started (sudo start network-manager) before launching
nm-applet.