Re: Default Browser

Hi,

Firefox has its good points. But packed with lots of plugins it also sucks at memory usage.
So Chromium +1 , because:
+ FAST (I mean really fast, the time I start firefox the same time, I open almost 10 Tabs within chromium)
+ Stable (Thirdparty plugins, like JAVA and Flash don't bring the browser down if(when) crashing)
+ Lots of extensions (not comparable to firefox but far better than midori or arora)
+ You don't need to make google the default search engine, to call this browser chromium (see firefox: can only be called firefox, if search engine is google and we don't touch the default profile, thats insane)
+ html5 youtube+veoh (x264) is working quite well with codecs installed
- Chromium misses SSL encryption in the linux version still, so https sites without certificate
- html5 ogg theora playback seems to be broken since quite a few builds

So we need to make a choice:

Firefox (slow but low memory usage) OR
Chromium (blazing fast and a little more memory usage) ?

I am definitely for Chromium

Regards,
Leszek Lesner