Re: Browsers comparison on slow machine

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 15:51:21 -0000, Mikhail Maksimov <mcwillin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm out of the game for some time, sorry.

My Lubuntu installation crashed and does not start anymore, and I
don't have several hours to do a complete reinstall, it is painfully
slow on such machine. I hope, however, I'll be able to do some testing
on a virtual machine next week. It will definitely be faster than
ages-old Celeron, so no "responsiveness" observations possible, but I
still can see the memory usage numbers.

And yes, the memory usage numbers are reported while hovering over the
memory bar in taskmanager.

Sincerely,
Mikhail

No problem.
My test rig has been playing up, turned out to be the HDD ribbon cable. Over 4 hours to install with only 128MB RAM, though I’m amazed the live CD runs at all. Going to wait for the next ISO before doing any more testing. I’m going through my collection of old parts to see if I can’t get a few machines up and running for comparisons.

--
Steve