Re: Feedback new testing ISO 20100215

Thanks for the test.

Le lundi 15 février 2010 à 19:56 +0100, Leszek Lesner a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> this version looks very promising. Nm-applet is working fine. The LXDesign Theme is really a very cool clearlooks theme. Very good work !
> Chromium is running its first run wizard if clicked. Perhaps we should ship a preconfigured version with bookmarks and set it as default browser (its telling me that it isn't yet).
Yes for the custom configuration, just need to know how to do it
properly :)
About the wizard, see bug
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/513133

> Hmm... acpi=off in the livecd boot parameters ? I guess a temporary fix due to hal removal isn't it ?
It's a remaining of the last testing ISO which have problem with
acpi=on. I'll turn it on for the next Alpha.

> The next thing I noticed. There is currently no visible gnome-power-manager icon in the systray of the panel (as it is started automatically but I don't see any icon but can click on it I guess it is a panel problem). Next thing gpicview should it be in the panel menu under graphics ? (somehow the graphics submenu seems strange containing only 1 app)
It's a bug in gnome-power-manager. gnome-panel and Awn have a hack to
workaround it, but it still a bug in gnome-power-manager :)

> My XFMultimedia Keys for Volume up/down mute is not working (eeePC 701). xfce4-volumed should fix this or setting the keys in the openbox config and creating a script that does volume up/down and mute (if you don't want to have the fency notify-osd)
Either solution seems not really nice, but it's still a bug :(

> The last thing that we might include (only a suggestion) is a tweaked /etc/sysctl.conf for Netbooks:
> # Delay real write to disk
> vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs=1500
Netbook is not the only target, and I'm not a expert for thoses settings
to advise them. Maybe it could be an option in a configuration tool ?