Re: New testing ISO 20100215

Thanks for the test.

Le lundi 15 février 2010 à 16:23 -0500, Dwain Sims a écrit :
> Here is a quick report on the current cut on an older laptop.
>
> HP Omnibook 910
> PIII 500 MHz
> 320 MB Memory
> with 3Com 3CCFEM556B 10/100 PC Card
> and SMC 2835W wireless card
>
> Lubuntu seems to boot fine, a little slow, but it looks nice on the
> old LCD.   Eraser head style mouse seems to work fine.
>
> However, I could not seem to find a way to configure the wireless
> card.  That is when I checked, and the distro is not detecting either
> of the two PC cards in the system.  So no report on browser speed.
You should have 2 arrows on the bottom right, which is the network
utility. If you see "device not manager", it's a problem in
network-manager. See http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkManager and the
section "Wired Networks are Unmanaged"

> The system did not automatically mount a flash drive.  I was able to
> mount manually.
Yes, there is actually no automounting. Something that need to be fixed.