Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 3 "Shiny"

On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:25:08 -0000, Jo Gerb <jo.ge.spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2010/2/27 Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>

Le vendredi 26 février 2010 à 19:00 +0000, Steve a écrit :
> Live session runs in 128MB RAM but launching an application crashes it,
> not surprising really.
Actually, it suprise me. I just load the alpha on a 128MB Vbox, it's
slow but you can launch application without problem. Is it the whole
desktop which crash or only the application ?

Me too. i ran the live cd on real hardware (not vm) wit oentium II and 128
MB RAM. i wasn't that fast, but it didn't crash when starting an
application.

This was with out any swap, it functions OK with a swap partition on the HDD. XChat crashes and Chromium just slows to a a near standstill, taking 30-40 mins to load a page (bbc.co.uk).
As I said, with a swap partition everything is OK but slooow.

--
Steve