Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 3 "Shiny"

Le vendredi 26 février 2010 à 18:04 +0100, Roger Dean a écrit :
> 2) logged out of lubuntu DE and then in to lubuntu netbook DE. logged
> out and tried to log back in to regular DE. was unable to click cursor
> into username / password box
This is a known issue of lxdm. Please contact dgod as he might know
what happens.
When lxdm is used along with lxsession, sometimes this happens.
If the bug cannot be fixed in time, I'd suggest use gdm this time.

> 3) tried to edit date/time settings - unlock button does nothing
Apparantly this is yet another dbus-related problem.
Using this feature requires both of dbus and policy-kit working.
You even need a policykit agent. Currently the only choice is polkit-gnome.
By default polkit-gnome's authentication agent is turned off outside Gnome.
This needs to be turned on in its desktop file installed ot /etc/xdg/autostart.
TODO:
1. make sure dbus is correctly launched.
2. make sure policykit agent is running.