Re: Lubuntu Lucid Beta 2 "Auto-login"

2010/4/11 Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,
>
> The Lubuntu Lucid Beta 2 is now available. Don't forget that it's build
> with Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) which is still in Beta state of development,
> so same warnings :
>
> "Pre-releases of Lucid are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable
> system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even
> frequent breakage.  They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers
> and those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs."
>
> We passed Feature Freeze, that mean most of the features should now be
> available. It's now time for testing and fixing bugs.
>
> == New stuff since Beta 1 ==
> * Auto-login at install time
> * Support encrypted home directory
> * Up-to-date lxdm, libfm and pcmanfm2
>
> == Specific Lubuntu changes ==
> Lubuntu still contains modifications not available in the official
> repository, you can see them in the Lubuntu PPA [1] :
> - New pcmanfm2 and libfm (LP: #523433)
> - lubuntu-default-settings with pcmanfm2 support
> - Fix for blurry shutdown-icon from elementary-icons (LP: #527345)
> - Autologin support in ubiquity (LP: #546445)
> - New lxdm
>
> == Testing needed ==
> I'll appreciate some feedbacks about the followings recent additions :
> - pcmanfm2, the new filemanager, is still in beta state. Please report
> bugs on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam/pcmanfm2Testing
> - The new lxdm may fixed some issue regarding the keyring and PAM
> support, but it needs more tests.
>
> == Known bugs ==
> * If you test on a USB, the first screen will freeze for a moment when
> you click on "Try Lubuntu ...". Just wait, it will continue as normal.
> * See also https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam
>
> == Reporting bugs ==
> Bug reported during testing :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam
>
> If you want to create a bootable usb system, please use the usb creator
> directly on Ubuntu.
>
> Please follow the testing process described on this page :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam . You can also
> report problems and bugs relative to the tests on this page.
>
> Torrent: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-beta2.iso.torrent
> Download: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-beta2.iso
> Md5: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/md5sum.txt
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne
>
> [1] :  https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa

Excellent! I have booted up from livecd. You have fixed many bugs from the
previous beta and now almost everything is looking very exciting) However, I
have found 2 problems with pcmanfm:
1) when trying to access network in pcmanfm, I can see labels of my
computers in my network, but I can't access them.
2) when trying to run pcmanfm via sudo command, it crashes with segmentation
fault (core dumped).

As soon as I can find some free time, I will try to do fresh install and
will send you some more feedbacks.

Regards,
Michael