Re: Lubunto - bug report - USB 3g mobile broadband detection

Most of the time this is a global ubuntu issue, not a lubuntu bug.
I believe that this has nothing to do with LXDE or lubuntu.

You can try ubuntu live cd/usb to see if it's a ubuntu problem or a
lubuntu specific issue.
If ubuntu fails to provide working network manager, I'd recommend
fedora 13 lxde spin or suse, which will be released soon.
As network manager is mainly developed by redhat and novell, I believe
that fedora and suse should provide the best network manager
experience. Otherwise you can install wicd instead to see if it works
for you, but don't expect too much.