Re: [LXDE Translation] PCManFM beta release postponed and may require unfreeze.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010, PCMan wrote:

Here I want to ask our developers/translators for some opinions.
However, I want to request an exception because current pcmanfm missed
a REQUIRED feature for a file manager.
We didn't implement undelete for trash:// then the trash bin support
became totally useless.
A new string "Restore" or "Undelete" might be needed for this menu
item to restore trashed files.
If there is no objection, I'd like to request an exception for the freeze.

Any comment?

I have no objection. I guess the lubuntu guys would have some strong opinions in this.

On a side note. I read the english strings for PCManFM today and found a interesting interchange of "trash can" and "trash bin". I would use just one word for it if it's the same thing that's of interest here.

Line 99 in pcmanfm2.pot
#: ../data/ui/desktop-pref.glade.h:17
msgid "Show \"Trash Bin\" icon on desktop"
msgstr ""

Line 214 in pcmanfm2.pot
#: ../data/ui/pref.glade.h:24
msgid "Move deleted files to \"trash bin\" instead of erasing from disk"
msgstr ""

Line 462 in pcmanfm2.pot
#: ../src/main-win-ui.c:154
msgid "Trash Can"
msgstr ""

In libfm we find the following (the pot file is not in the tree)
#: ../src/base/fm-path.c:435
msgid "Trash Can"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/gtk/fm-gtk-utils.c:461
msgid "Do you want to move the selected files to trash bin?"
msgstr ""

#: ../src/gtk/fm-gtk-utils.c:552
msgid "Are you sure you want to empty the trash bin?"
msgstr ""

/IF/ there is a exception I would suggest to do an overview of these things too. I guess that for some translations the wording will not change too much and just unfuzzing will do.

--
/brother
http://sis.bthstudent.se