Re: Impossible to change keyboard layout in Live-CD?

On Sunday 02,May,2010 04:47 AM, KIAaze wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently installing Lubuntu on my laptop using  the final test
release.
Unfortunately, I forgot to select the correct keymap when booting into
the Live-CD environment and I found no other way than using setxkbmap to
change the keyboard layout.

I think there should at least be a way to change it in
preferences->"Keyboard and mouse" or "language support".

If I missed it somewhere, please let me know.
I assume you are referring to working inside the Live CD environment, not the installed system. Otherwise, this does not apply.

I stumbled across a way to do it while installing from the Live environment. If you start the installer and select the keymap there, it will apply to the Live environment as well. Then, you can just quit the installer to continue in the live environment.