Fwd: Re: Installed Lubuntu 5 days ago for testing

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Ioannis Vranos" <cppdeveloper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Installed Lubuntu  5 days ago for testing
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 20:23:00 +0100

On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 14:18 -0500, Johnny wrote:
Hi
I installed Lubuntu
the computer
Processor  AMD K6-2
Memory 256 mb
HD 10G
The video card was detected no problem

The sound card was detected ( when playing mp3 sound skips ) Looked at
Aqualung web site did some read in the document, all I had to do was
from the command line was $aqualung --output oss
fixed that from skipping when playing mp3's

Problem with icons on the desktop when single clicked the app come up or
double clicked 3 to 4 apps comes up

Problem with the lxpanel the app icons when single clicked there is 3 to
4 apps comes up
at the same time

Installed gnome-commander when single click a folder it automatic thanks
you double clicked it and for files when single clicked it opens
automatically with Abiword I want to choose what app to use for that

Installed took about 4 hours from Graphic install thru live CD
no error detected on install

In all for Lubuntu it runs a little slow
I have Debian Lenny LXDE installed on another computer the CPU 450 Ram
256 it runs a lot faster

I am still testing Lubuntu

Please send this to the Lubuntu team if you would please.

Johnny

Myself tested Lubuntu, both final release and some Beta, however I found
an issue with passwords to both. When I entered a two word parssword
during installation, it did not work, while it worked with a single word
password.

I did not check to see how things worked with other passwords, I deleted
the installations.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://lubuntu.net