Re: Roadmap for Lubuntu 10.10 and UDS

On Wed, 05 May 2010 19:34:19 +0100, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le mardi 04 mai 2010 à 23:48 +0100, Phillip Whiteside a écrit :
Backups... yeah, well, I'm sure that we instinctively carry them out,
but....

We could look at it. Do you have some candidates solution for this ?

I also forgot a task about the content of default applications :
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/lubuntu-maverick-seed
But I hope it will be minimal, to have more time to fix bugs.

I recieved this on the osmo mailing list

gtkhtml2 has been abandoned upstream a few years ago and will be
removed from the debian archives within the next few weeks (probably
other distros will follow soon).

see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580017

I was told:

"... the packages have to be migrated to another HTML
rendering engine. There is gtkhtml3 of course, and now there is
webkit, which is superior in terms of features and not too far from
libgtkhtml2 in terms of API.

I suggest that you migrate osmo as soon as possible to use webkit for
rendering. For most packages, which use libgtkhtml2 in a simple way,
porting should be trivial."

Do you have any plans to migrate to webkit? Preparations for the next
debian release will start in the beginning of June and it would be a
pity to have the contacts feature disabled completely because of this...

Not sure how it will effect Lubuntu as there has been no response, yet. I wouldn’t like to loose osmo as I’ve found it to be rather useful, I’ve added it to my Ubuntu install as well.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://lubuntu.net